TheLastReconnaissance

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Hardcore Gaming Clan | CS:S, GW, AoC, Crysis, COD4 & More

5 posters

GvG Builds

SykCyn
    SykCyn

GvG Builds Empty GvG Builds

Post  SykCyn Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:23 pm

Reserved for the such.

Add your input as you deem necessary.
    Mr. Frank
    Mr. Frank

GvG Builds Empty Re: GvG Builds

Post  Mr. Frank Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:34 am

i wana kick some other guilds butt so badly. hahaha
    Rhuarc
    Rhuarc

Post  Rhuarc Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:21 am

How is the respawn time in a GvG match? Is it worth bringing a res signet in one's build?
    SykCyn
    SykCyn

Post  SykCyn Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:00 am

Rhuarc wrote:How is the respawn time in a GvG match? Is it worth bringing a res signet in one's build?

Respawn in a GvG is every two minutes, but nobody should be dying, that's a bad thing. That means that the monks and the runner are not doing their jobs. Vent is a requirement for GvG, and if the guild will give me reign of GvGs, then I would like to have two full teams that can practice vs one another and learn the work as a team. And yes, whoever does play better does get picked over the worse players since it is very competitive.

The most important thing you can learn about GvG is how to move as a team, always staying in range of the monks and pushing back and forth.
    Rhuarc
    Rhuarc

Post  Rhuarc Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:24 pm

Good. We will be doing a lot of scrimmaging in the future then XD

Well, I'm game, and I've been practicing pvp quite a bit these past few days. I plan on making pvp a big part of my play time, since thats where all of the re-playability is!

I will put up my builds in the warrior class forum for critique and thoughts.
    SykCyn
    SykCyn

Post  SykCyn Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:54 pm

Remember though Rhuarc. Even though you have been practicing PvP, it does not do much good for GvG experience. GvG's have a completely different structure in which teamwork and communication are key. You gotta know how to keep your entire team alive while defending your base at the same time.

Try to push 'B' in game sometime and watch the top rated GvG battles. It is a good way to learn how they work together in order to win. You can also keep note of the builds that they use and the strategies. Even if you cannot hear what they are saying, it is still an important learning tool.
    Rhuarc
    Rhuarc

Post  Rhuarc Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:16 pm

Yeah! I've actually watched a few of those before. I enjoy watching them.
    Ripster
    Ripster

Post  Ripster Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:00 am

As far as GvG builds go I usually tend to see W/E and W/Rit. Does anyone know the advantages and disadvantages of each? I would also like to know everyone's opinion of axes and hammers for pvp.
    SykCyn
    SykCyn

Post  SykCyn Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:07 pm

Ripster wrote:As far as GvG builds go I usually tend to see W/E and W/Rit. Does anyone know the advantages and disadvantages of each? I would also like to know everyone's opinion of axes and hammers for pvp.

Usually secondary classes are not used very much except for one skill. W/Rt are used as hammer warriors for their knockdown ability. It is important to keep people in check and away from our healers by using knockdown. Knockdown is also important in order to interrupt healers and prevent them from helping their team. The Ritualist part is used for a single skill, Death Pact Signet. It is used as a quick means of getting a healer up when they die, only you better hope they don't die again because that means the death of you.

W/E on the other hand is used as an axe warrior. Axe warriors are good for interrupts, knockdown, and some status effects. They have a little bit of everything, not very concentrated. The elementalist part is used for the ability "Shock" which is a touch skill that knocks the person down. It has to be carefully used because it causes 5 mana loss and Exhaustion.

A new warrior that I have seen is the W/P. It is used for the Paragon shouts (as far as I can tell), but I do not prefer this build.

If anyone else has more questions, feel free to ask.
    leech here to stay
    leech here to stay

GvG Builds Empty the seriousness behind the topic

Post  leech here to stay Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:34 am

well to begin i believe we should first attempt by a mandatory review for gvg, that would allow us to watch what some of the more skilled guilds are doing and see how it works. For those of you who may not understand how to review and watch matches with top ranked guilds simply hit B. This will bring up a new screen/box that will allow you to scroll through and observe matches. As for HA and GvG, I believe we need to first consider who may be interested...then set up a generic team build with specific armors and gear, so that we may get used to the actual dynamics of it...then proceed form there. Well later all i'm off to work for now.
    SykCyn
    SykCyn

Post  SykCyn Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:33 pm

I've already said this Leech. It's a great idea to do that.

Another idea is that instead of setting up a single team, we set up enough people for two full teams. If we have that many people who get used to working together, it would be helpful if someone is unable to make it to have substitutes. Also, the allows us to scrimmage against one another, changing up builds and such to see what works well and what does not. If we can get this together, I do believe we have the potential to be very successful.

And as always, vent and forum activity is vital to GvG. At least so people can get their schedules up on the forums.

If I could get those other forum sections up, it would be VERY helpful. I've been quite patient for a while and am getting frustrated. I need other sections so that I can start by setting up the builds and sections in which people could post that they could and are willing to run those builds. From that, we could get an idea of what we DO and DO NOT need.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content